" We envision A TB and HIV/AIDS free society "
SANTA Western Cape is represented in all the districts of the Western Cape Province through 22 branches formed by volunteers in the communities where the incidence of TB and HIV/AIDS is very high.
Core Business of the Organisation:
Santa Western Cape’s core function is to implement community-based Directly Observed Treatment (DOTS) and Home-based Care (HBC) for TB clients including those with HIV/AIDS.
SANTA WESTERN CAPE, as a dynamic, community-based association, is committed to serving communities and TB and HIVAIDS patients throughout the Western Cape Province by providing preventative, curative and rehabilitative services in partnership with other stakeholders.
SANTA Western Cape driving the following projects with its volunteers.
- TB DOTS and Home-based Care for 535 patients.
- Nutrition in the form of food, soup and E-pap to 13,707 OVC, elderly people and TB and HIV/AIDS patients.
- Food parcels to destitute TB/HIV/AIDS families.
- Through our Awareness Outreach Program we have reached 18 000 people and 2 000 learners.
- We have reached more than 700 corporate staff through wellness days and TB information sessions during the last quarter.
- We operate 3 crèches for orphans and vulnerable children. (Strandfontein, Grootbrak and Mitchell’s Plain with a total of 174 children).
- Operate an assessment center for up to 20 homeless men in Athlone in an effort to rehabilitate them so that they can eventually take their rightful place in the communities where they come from.
- Provide TB and HIV training to volunteers in order to trace, refer, treat and rehabilitate TB and HIV sufferers.